Friday, October 12, 2012

Exploring Topics

I have been thinking about many different ideas for my topic. Problem is, some of them may not work with the literature aspect of the project. I was doing research on exploration in space, a topic I mentioned in my first post, when I realized that no literature that I know of discusses space exploration. I decided to combine that topic and the other topic I pondered, revolutionary thinkers and ideas, and maybe use this project to research and discuss exploration and discovery. It is a very broad topic, and I would have to narrow it down, but I am sure that there are plenty of novels written about exploration and discovery. Another topic idea I had is war and its effects on society. Cold Mountain, and The Things They Carried are two novels I read last year that I would probably use.  The debate of nature versus nurture is intriguing, and I can already see Lord of the Flies fitting into that project. For now, the last topic I can think of is corruption, not just in politics but in history and in people. The Great Gatsby would be a great novel to examine, being that he was corrupted as he grew in power. For the next week I will continue thinking of new topics, and exploring the ones I have already come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment