Friday, March 8, 2013

New Stuff

Something I did for my paper over the past week was watching the documentary Life in A Day. This documentary, which was produced by Ridley Scott, was an extremely interesting project. The project was based upon the idea that through the YouTube and the Internet, a day in our world could be experienced and shared between not only all of us but all of our future descendants. The day July 24, 2010 was chosen, and over 4,500 hours of video that were recorded by random YouTube users around the globe was submitted to Scott's team. They compressed the entire human experience of that day into an hour and a half long documentary that truly allowed me to see how the world went on that day.
The movie was not only fascinating but also extremely relevant to my paper. I will develop how so during my paper, but the basic idea is that I was able to connect to and be impacted by humans all over the world and share the simple experiences of a summer day with them through the power of the Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment