Friday, November 30, 2012

Looking Back

After reading through all 8 posts on my blog, a few things caught my attention.
I remember being skeptical when hearing that the blogs would help us develop, and even change our project. Now that I can see what I have done over the past two months, I realize that plenty of changes occurred through my posts. My project changed directions almost every post. New ideas sprung into my mind as I wrote each post. I was really surprised that the blog helped me develop my project to the extent that it did.
Another thing I noticed was that at the start of this project, I had a vast array of possibilities for what I would do. Now, as the blog posts progress, they each get more and more specific, which is a good and bad thing. It limits me to a specific topic, but it allows me to really focus on it and discover something amazing about it.
Lastly, my project has been lately trending towards articles, books, and papers written about the effects of technology on society. Mrs. Geller provided me with websites that will give me plenty of these writings, but I am trying not to limit my resources just to articles, hopefully incorporating diverse sources of information.

2 comments:

  1. one of the sources of information you might want to consider would be PEOPLE -- this is a cutting edge topic and there are experts on the field who are still and currently doing research. Check local colleges for classes on just this topic -- when you see an author online, send an email and explain what your scope is. Even from an unsolicited email, you can often get a nice response.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another resource just appeared

    http://nyti.ms/WBke3p

    ReplyDelete