Saturday, November 24, 2012

Project Progress

At this point, I believe that I have finished toying with the focus of my topic. Now, I am ready to move on to the second phase of the project, researching and learning. I know that I want to investigate the effect of technology on society, and I believe that books, articles (from magazines and newspapers), and studies will be most useful for my research. I will find articles and studies on Google. I will find books through the web and the library.
Books I am planning on obtaining this week include:
iDisorder: Understanding Our Obsession with Technology and Overcoming Its Hold on Us by Larry D. Rosen
Alone Together: Why We Expect More from Technology and Less from Each Other by Sherry Turkle
The one aspect of my project that I am still working on is the outside thing I will put together instead of a double sized paper. I still would like to analyze the effect technology has in our school. I wouldn't come to societal conclusions because of my findings, but it would be interesting to see how we have been impacted.

1 comment:

  1. Just a note or two -- if you are looking at the school impact, then use Rabbi Pittinsky as a resource. Also, do you think that because there has been an impact in the real world, there has been a shift in how technology both presents media and is reflected in the media?

    And, as a personal ad, I'll put in this (some of my own mad ramblings, inspired by your project): http://rosends.blogspot.com/2012/11/social-technology.html

    ReplyDelete