Sunday, November 18, 2012

Project/Presentation Ideas

A double size paper doesn't seem very appealing to me, so I have been leaning toward a project. I am hoping I can put together a project that sheds light on the impact of technology on our lives.
The main idea I have right now involves a study about the effects of technology on Frisch. I would explore the ways technology has changed the learning, interactions, studying, and extracurriculars at Frisch. I would compare the Frisch of today to that of ten years ago, when SmartBoards, smartphones, and laptops were not part of everyday life. The main aspect of this project would be polls, surveys, and interviews of students, teachers, and administrators. I would ask questions about the involvement of technology in daily learning, and about the positive or negative impact of that technological integration. This project, if assembled and presented properly, would hopefully assist me in reaching an answer to the debate about the overall effect of technology on humans.
Being that right now I am taking my topic in the direction of learning the pros and cons of technological impacts on society, a project like I discussed would be fit into the paper seamlessly. It would be the microcosm for the technological effect on society. It would allow me to conduct my own research on a local level, not only depending on books and articles written by others. This project might uncover if technology really does bolster learning.

1 comment:

  1. you can certainly gather the information but beware of trying to draw any conclusions from it, especially with out the statistics on any sort of objective measures which could (possibly) be connected to the use of technology.

    ReplyDelete